Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or in accordance with an order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or in accordance with our right under the law to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
We do not normally copy such information to anyone outside the European Economic Area, where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction, however we may do so when the particular circumstances of your matter so require. All such third parties are required to maintain confidentiality in relation to your information and files.
If you are located outside of the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to United Kingdom and process it there.
In the event that a dispute arises with regards to the international transfer of data, you agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over the matter.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a children under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Data Protection – Your Obligations
If you send us personal data about anyone other than yourself you will ensure you have any appropriate consents and notices in place to enable you to transfer that personal data to us, and so that we may use it for the purposes for which you provide it to us.
Access to your Information
You have a right of access under data protection law to the personal data that we hold about you and to correct or complete information held by us. We seek to keep that personal data correct and up to date. You should let us know if you believe the information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
You may also in certain circumstances have other rights as follows:
- A right to request that we erase the personal data we hold about you
- A right to restrict its processing whilst we continue to hold it
- If we process your personal data by automated means, ask us to transmit that data to another data controller.
- A right to object to processing. This applies unless we can demonstrate (1) an overriding legitimate business interest or (2) such processing is necessary in relation to legal proceedings
- Rights in respect of automated decision making and profiling. This is unlikely to apply as we do not currently carry out any profiling or automated decision making using personal data and we are very unlikely to take decisions which have a legal or similarly significant effect on you by automated means
- A right to be informed about a personal data breach if it results in a high risk to your rights and freedoms
- A right to withdraw your consent if you have given your consent to our processing of any of your personal data. However, this cannot affect the validity of any processing carried out prior to withdrawal and it will not invalidate our processing which is not relying upon consent and which is being carried out on a different legal basis( see above for the legal basis for the use of your data).
There is usually no charge in respect of the exercise of these rights.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, then please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Matthew Wilkinson Solicitors Limited 39 Albert Road Middlesbrough TS1 1NS.
Keeping You Informed
We may from time to time whilst dealing with your matter send you information which we think might be of interest to you (for example about legal developments or our other services). If you do not wish to receive that information please notify us, preferably in writing.
If you believe that we have breached our professional obligations, in relation to data protection, then please contact us on 01642 218888 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org .You are also entitled to report the matter to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) by telephone on 0303 123 1113. Their website is at ico.org.uk
If we are acting for you in your matter, further information about data protection is set out in our terms of business. This page was last updated May 2018.
This Policy shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.