We have received your message and will be in touch as soon as possible.
• Degree BA Hons (Law) 1980
• William Hutton Law Prize 1981
• Admitted as a Solicitor October 1983
• Member of the Law Society and the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
• Trained with family firm (Father and Grandfather were Solicitors)
• Solicitor and then Partner in family firm 1983-1991
• Set up Matthew Wilkinson Solicitors 1991
• Deputy Coroner District of North East North Yorkshire 1988-1996
• Acting Coroner North East North Yorkshire 1996- 2000 (District closed)
Extensive experience in a broad range of contentious and non-contentious legal work for individuals and businesses. First became interested in claims against Solicitors in 1986 and has over 25 years experience in Professional Negligence claims against Solicitors and other lawyers. Having specialised in this area of work, he has built up a niche practice, which he finds interesting and challenging, at the same time as giving him the opportunity to help people with difficult problems, which arise when they have been let down by a previous Solicitor or other lawyer.
• The Law and helping people.
• Football and cricket supporter
Matthew says “I enjoy using the law in challenging situations to help people achieve a just result regardless of the apparent strength or resources of the opposition.”
• From Middlesbrough
• Degree LLB Hons (Law and Politics) 2007
• Member of the Law Society
• Joined Matthew Wilkinson June 2009
• Trained with Matthew Wilkinson 2009-2012
• Admitted as a Solicitor March 2012
• Experience gained in training with property, probate, family, general litigation and Professional Negligence. Since admission is now mainly handling Professional Negligence cases
• Japanese language and animation